Download Kaboodle for Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP here:
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, or XP.
Might work on Windows 95. Shrug.
- 300 MHz processor or better recommended.
- 256-color Display, 800x600 size.
As always, for help just send email to:
New in Kaboodle 1.0 for Windows:
- Wholly redesigned GUI.
- Added a "Print" capability for hardcopies of your LAN topology.
- Added a "Save and Restore" capability for your network setup.
- Several bug fixes to VNC initiation, file-transfer, and initial startup.
Known issues with Kaboodle 1.0 for Windows:
- WinPcap and passive detection currently disabled.
- Crashes seen with IEEE-1394 virtual adapters.
- Network installation of VNC currently disabled.
New in Kaboodle 0.99e for Windows:
- Slow startup in WinXP repaired.
- Retuned echoWare and KaboodleProxy interface.
- Fixed a VNC-detection limitation.
New in Kaboodle 0.99d for Windows:
- "Personal VPN" capability working well with KaboodleProxy 1.2
- Fixed most WinXP and WinPcap incompatabilities.
- An installer, finally!
New in Kaboodle 0.99c for Windows:
- "Personal VPN" capability is now fully compatible with KaboodleProxy.
- Minor GUI adjustments.
New in Kaboodle 0.99b for Windows:
- "Personal VPN" engine recast to use Zebedee tunnels exclusively. Only
one TCP port (user configurable) now needed for VPN connections.
- Kaboodle now includes a folder of "Kaboodle Helper" apps.
- Remote-control interface simplified. It now auto-selects between Remote
Desktop, VNC, and HTTP web-config, depending on what the target device
New in Kaboodle 0.99 for Windows:
- LAN-to-LAN "Personal VPN" connectivity operational.
- Improvemnets to LAN sniffing and passive detection.
- "Web Config" added to the Service Icon group.
- Groups can be now set Private for LAN-to-LAN connections.
- File-transfer accelerated.
New in Kaboodle 0.95 for Windows:
- Improved GUI colors and icons: 256 websafe color palatte.
- Web Config capability added for appliances.
- VNC connection logging improved.
New in Kaboodle 0.90 for Windows:
- Secure file-transfer working. Per-transfer permission and per-machine access-control.
- Automatic OS detection of discovered devices.
- Secure channels for VNC tunneling improved.
- User-selectable icons and extended icon selection added.
- VPN control channel and partner discovery operational.
- Improved LAN population discovery and network database synchronization.
New in Kaboodle 0.80 for Windows:
- Improved UI: devices now grouped by type. Up-arrow, Dn-arrow, Page-Up,
Page-Dn, Return (to open a device's PropertyPanel) and Escape (to close a device's
PropertyPanel) all working.
- Much faster LAN population discovery and VNC server discovery.
- VNC Viewer initiation to non-Kaboodle machines working now.
- Authorized VNC users can now be managed in an "Access List".
- VPN registration, partner setup and initiation all improved.
New in Kaboodle 0.75 for Windows:
- Kaboodle can now initiate secure VNC sessions.
- Icons reworked to a 256 Windows color safety pallette.
New in Kaboodle 0.74 for Windows:
- Improved LAN auto-detection.
New in Kaboodle 0.73 for Windows:
For a complete list of features and known issues in Kaboodle,
see the News page.
- Personal VPN via "GetEngaged" website operational.